Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We officially have a walker!!

Ava took her first (3) steps last Thursday and we have been doing lots of practicing since then. Over the weekend, she would walk 5 or 6 steps between Nick and I but now she will walk most of the way across her room if she sees something she wants (her blankie, the kitty, Mommy, Daddy, etc). She is still a little wobbly but she gets so excited that she claps and giggles when she gets to her destination because she is so proud of herself- its adorable! She is also starting to "talk" according to daycare and my mom..Apparently she says "hi" when the phone rings and told the daycare lady "no" last week. She also says "dada" and will go find him if I ask her "where is Daddy?". I'm excited for all the new things she is doing and looking forward to her being able to walk and talk more- maybe by her birthday!

Here is a quick clip of her new skills- she was more worried about the camera than walking though..

2 comments:

Clarabella said...

Oh my goodness! Look at her go! What a doll. I love seeing her reach those milestones. It makes me look forward to Maddie reaching them!

Shannon said...

Oh my! Look at her! What a big girl she's getting to be!